Sunday, November 15, 2015

Fun Folded Brithday Cake.....


  • For the card base, start with a piece of 7" x 5-1/2"  card stock.  Score at 4-1/4 ". Adhere a piece of 2-1/2"  x 5-1/4"  design paper to the front flap. For my card I used Mint Macaron card stock and a design paper from Michael's 
  • Make a smaller card of 7" x 4-3/4" card stock and score it at 3 1/2" to make a smaller card. I also used the Mint Macaron for this smaller card
  • Cut out two pieces of matte for the smaller card inside and outside flaps. The size should be 3 1/4" x 4 1/2". I used whisper white for these.  
  • Then Adhere the smaller card to the card base. Make sure before you adhere it that it looks centered on the front.
  • I then used one of the whisper white card mattes and used the stamp set Build a Birthday and made a cake using the ink: Tip Top Taupe, Perfect Plum, Watermelon Wonder, and for the candle top I used Daffodil Delight. Everything but the base of the cake was stamped on scrap paper then I cut them pieces out and attached them with dimensionals.The base and wording is stamped directly onto the matte. Then I used a punch to make the boarder on the top that was just cut from the 3 1/4" x 4 1/2" matte. 




No comments:

Post a Comment